The festive, feel-good follow-up to Summer at the Cornish Cafe.
Christmas will be slightly less turbulent than summer, won’t it? Demi certainly hopes so.
She and Cal are keeping their fledgling relationship under wraps for now. But then Kit Bannen, a hunky, blond – and somewhat mysterious – writer arrives at Kilhallon Resort, and not everyone is charmed. Cal is sure that Kit is hiding something. But is he the only one guarding a secret?
Demi is busy baking festive treats for the newly opened Demelza’s cafe, but when Cal’s ex Isla arrives to shoot scenes for her new drama, Demi can’t help but worry that things aren’t quite over between them. Kit flirts with both women, fuelling Cal’s suspicions that Kit has hidden motives for staying on at Kilhallon. Then Cal has to go to London, leaving Demi and Kit to decorate the cafe for Christmas . . . all by themselves.
A storm is brewing in more ways than one. As surprises unfold and truths are uncovered, can Demi and Cal finally open up to each other about their feelings?
Mince pie cookies
200g mincemeat (even nicer with fancy mincemeat, e.g. orange and cranberry)
150g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
200g plain flour
½ teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Bring the butter and eggs up to room temperature and turn the oven to 180C. Get two cookie/baking trays out and line with grease-proof paper.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
3. Gradually stir in the flour, then the mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Finally, stir the mincemeat into the cookie dough.
5. These cookies spread out while cooking, so add small teaspoons of the mixture to your baking parchment and make sure they’re well spaced.
6. Check on them after 10 mins, take them out once they’re golden on the top. Leave to cool, then keep in an airtight box.
Use the code READERSCORNER20 to get 20% off any brush set on INDYLUXE!